Graduate Research Poster Symposium

Gradschool <[log in to unmask]>

BOWEN,MICHAEL D

Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:20:59 -0400

text/plain

TO:     Graduate Students
cc:     Departments

FROM:   Mike Bowen, President of Graduate Student Council

RE:     Graduate Research Poster Symposium

In honor of President Machen's inauguration, a Graduate Research Poster
Symposium will be held from September 6 through September 11 in the second
floor of the Reitz Union, with the specific room yet to be determined.

The Symposium is open to any graduate student enrolled for fall 2004. The
Symposium is designed to showcase the high level and diversity of graduate
research conducted on our campus. Due to the short deadline, the Symposium
is open to posters presented at a juried academic conference during the last
academic year, or posters that have been accepted for presentation for the
upcoming academic year.

The Executive Board of the Graduate Student Council will judge the
applications and accept posters based on quality of abstract. We will also
be selective in order to create a Symposium with diversity among departments
and colleges. Dr. Machen has committed to view the Symposium for a short
time on either September 7 or September 8, and all accepted presenters must
be present to discuss their research at that time. We are hopeful that Dr.
Machen's office will give us the specific time he will attend before the
posters are judged and the program finalized.

To submit a poster for consideration, please submit an abstract, along with
your name, department name, major advisor, and the conference where the
poster was presented to [log in to unmask] by no later than August 16.
Presenters accepted will be notified no later than August 23.

Thank you.

Mike Bowen
President -- Graduate Student Council
Department of History

This message is posted on my.ufl.edu until August 16, 2004 in the Graduate
Student section of the Student page.

Graduate School
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611