CRC Services for Graduate Students

Gradschool <[log in to unmask]>

Lauren Daley <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:33:48 -0400

text/plain

TO: Graduate Students
cc: Graduate Coordinators and Administrative Staff

FROM:   Lauren Daley, Assistant Director, Career Resource Center

RE:  CRC Services for Graduate Students

Are you wondering about what you will do after you finish your degree? Maybe
you've been thinking about how to get your ideal position after graduation.
The Career Resource Center staff can assist you with career planning and job
search needs. We offer a range of services from workshops to critiquing
curriculum vitas to our credentials service. We are also in the process of
developing new graduate student services to further meet your needs so keep
an eye and ear out in the next few semesters for all the new and exciting
services! Our website will shortly be revised and full of much information
for graduate students so be sure to check it out frequently in the upcoming
weeks. Here is some more detailed information about our available services:

  Workshop and Discussion Series

 The CRC offers a series of workshops to help with all of your job search
needs, including job search correspondence, curriculum vita and resume
writing, organizing and preparing for the job search, interviewing
techniques, creating professional portfolios, and exploring academic and
industry career options. Dates & times of some upcoming workshops are:

* Creating a Curriculum Vita - Thursday October 7th at 12:00 pm in CRC 160.

* The Academic Job Search - Monday October 18th at 12:30 pm in CRC 160.

* The Academic Interview Process - Monday October 25th at 12:30 pm in CRC
160.

  Individual and Group Career Counseling
 The CRC offers individual and career counseling to graduate students who
would like additional assistance in their career decision-making process.
 Whether you are interested in narrowing down your career options, exploring
different occupational settings, or nurturing creativity within your
 vocational path, our career counselors are here to help.

  Individual Advising Graduate students can come into the CRC Library during
any of our hours of operation and sign-up for career advising. Advisors will
be happy to answer questions related to career and job search concerns. In
addition to responding to your questions, advisors will also critique your
curriculum
 vita, resume, job search correspondence, or personal statement.

 Credentials Service
 Academic job searches require organized access to transcripts,letters of
recommendation, dissertation abstracts, teaching evaluations, and  more. The
CRC credentials service can open a file in your name wherein you can store
all of your job search materials. At your request (and for a small mailing
fee), the office will send any or all of your materials to your potential
employer/search committee. You can open a credentials file by stopping by
the Career Counseling desk at the CRC.

CRC Library
 You can find everything from college and major descriptions to salary
information, resume or curriculum vita writing, job openings and
employer/college information. The CRC also has a new section specifically
geared toward the graduate student experience, including issues in higher
education, the academic job search, and marketing your advanced degree
outside of academia. We also have sections with immediate job listings,
computers for Internet job searching, and subscriptions to various higher
education publications.

Gator CareerLink
 Those of you who are interested in finding out more about careers outside
of academia can stay connected with the CRC by registering with Gator
CareerLink. You can upload up to 10 CVs and 10 Cover Letters and access
national job openings for graduate students.

For more information about any of our services, please contact
 Lauren Pasquarella Daley, Assistant Director for Graduate Services,
 (352) 392-1601
 ext. 216, [log in to unmask]
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
 Hope to see you at CRC soon!

 Lauren Pasquarella Daley, M.S., NCC, IMH #2825
 Assistant Director for Graduate Services
 University of Florida Career Resource Center
 CR-116 JWRU - PO Box 118507
 Gainesville, FL 32611-8507
 Phone: (352) 392-1601 x216
 Fax: (352) 392-3810