]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2004

GRADSTUDENT-L 2004

Presenting... The New UF Graduate School Website

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:10:14 -0400

text/plain

MEMORANDUM

Date:    22 September 2004

To:        All UF Graduate Administrators, Faculty, Staff and Students

From:      UF Graduate School Data Management

RE:      NEW UF GRADUATE SCHOOL WEBSITE

UF Graduate School Data Management is pleased to announce the debut of the
new improved UF Graduate School website, which is going online on the
afternoon of Wednesday, 22 September 2004.

This overhauled website is the fruit of months of research and work invested
in designing, writing and editing.  The end result gives the UF Graduate
School a smarter, sharper presence on the Internet, while providing you with
easier and more user-friendly access to comprehensive information and news
about graduate education and research at the University of Florida.  New
features include:

(1) Clean, consistent and sophisticated page layouts and typography that
provide visual interest while facilitating cohesiveness and legibility.

(2) Better organization of content and improved navigation with alphabetical
menus, so you can more easily find what you are looking for.

(3) Front-page search-engine capabilities specific to the UF Graduate School
website's contents.

(4) A regularly updatable "What's New" section on the front page, to alert
you to the latest developments of interest to UF graduate students, faculty
and staff.

(5) Economy-conscious design in which most peripheral images and graphics
display online but do not print, so you can print out the information you
need without using up a lot of extra toner, thus saving you money.

You can access the new website at the same URL as the previous one:

http://gradschool.rgp.ufl.edu

We realize that many of you might have had links to the old website
bookmarked from time immemorial.  However, the demand for clearer structure
and improved navigation made a thorough reorganization of the website and
its contents necessary.  As a result, old bookmarks in favorite lists on
your browsers most likely will no longer work.  The good news is, the
structure and navigation of the new website is so simple and streamlined,
you are not likely to have a problem finding familiar materials on it -- and
the new search function is there to help you if you do.  And we are always
here to answer your questions if you have any.

On a technical note, this website is best viewed at 1024 x 768 or higher
screen resolution with Internet Explorer 6.0 or Netscape 7.0 (or later)
browsers.  Updates for these browers are available online for free at the
following URLs:

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

Netscape: http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp

As is true of all websites, ours is an ongoing and mutating entity, and we
will be making adjustments and adding new material as the need arises.  But
the basic aesthetic and structure are in place, ready to bring you
information and news from the UF Graduate School.  Our thanks goes out to
all whose collaboration, support and patience helped us bring this project
to a successful conclusion.  We hope our efforts aid you in knowing more
about graduate education and research at UF.  Happy viewing!