]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2004

GRADSTUDENT-L 2004

University of Florida Computer and Networking Services

Gary Hartge <[log in to unmask]>

Gary Hartge <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:53:30 -0500

text/plain

*  Please do not respond to this e-mail using the "Reply" button.
*  Contact information regarding this email is contained below.

ARE YOU BEING PHISHED? Many UF listservs recently received some popular
phishing scams that resemble Paypal, Ebay, Capital One and Suntrust Bank
emails. The email, with a credible looking subject line, contains a link
that takes you to a login page.  Please delete these emails.

Phishing is a growing internet scam that uses pop-up messages or emails
to deceive you into revealing sensitive information such as: credit card
numbers, bank account info, passwords and social security numbers. The
scammers send you to a page that resembles a login page or they ask for
specific account information.   Every keystroke is recorded and the
phisher uses this information to access your account.

For more information on phishing, or to report it, visit:
http://infosec.ufl.edu/athome/ And please take a few minutes to
participate in our survey, we want to know what you think!
 http://infosec.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/survey/

Julia R. Virnstein
Computer and Networking Services
University of Florida
352-392-2061
112 Bryant Space Sciences Research Bldg. (SSRB)
PO Box 112050, Gainesville, FL 32611
http://infosec.ufl.edu/athome/