GRADSTUDENT-L 2004

Grant Writing, Summer C 2004

Graduate School <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:49:52 -0400

text/plain

To:     Graduate Students
cc:     Departments

ALS 6046 - Grant Writing, Summer C 2004
Monday, 4-5 period
EYN (Entomology Building) 1031
Instructor: Carl Barfield
Enrollment Cap - 60

Students MUST contact Debbie Hall at [log in to unmask], or 392-1901 ext. 117,
by March 31st, to confirm that they still want to be registered this summer.
Please include your UF id number (not social security number) in your email.
Make sure you have no "hold" (health insurance, etc) on your record before
you request registration.

Grantwriting Students:

ALS 6046 will be next offered Summer C 2004.  Your name, at your request,
was placed on our reservation list some time ago for the summer edition;
thus, you are receiving this message.  As a reminder, this course is for
Ph.D. students only.  No M.S. students should be registered.

Please bring the following to the first lecture:

A transparency that contains:

Your name
Your departmental affiliation
The proposed title of your grant
The proposed agency(ies) to which you plan to submit
A succinct list of your proposed objectives

You should begin to compile a list of potential reviewers for your grant.  I
will need their names, titles, affiliations and, most importantly, their
ACCURATE email addresses.  I do not need this information at the first
lecture, but shortly thereafter.  Please compile 5 such sets.  NONE of them
can come from within the State of Florida.  Anywhere else in the world is
perfectly fine.

We have a class website.  Set your Internet Explorer browser to
http://WecCT.ufl.edu.  Click on login and use:

als6046.s
barfield

to sign on.

If you do it now, you can see the Spring 2004 semester and the list of
grants posted by current students.  This is exactly what you will do mid-way
through the course.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at [log in to unmask]
Please do not contact me regarding registration (registration contact
information above).

Thank you.

Dr. Carl S. Barfield

Professor of Entomology
2207 Entomology
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611
(352) 392-1901 x 131

                This message is being sent as a courtesy by the Graduate
School, please do not use "reply" to contact Debbie Hall or Dr. Barfield.
Thank You.

Deborah A. Hall
Student Services Office
Entomology and Nematology
1028 EYN
P.O. Box 110620
Gainesville, FL 32611-0620
(352) 392-1901 EXT 117
FAX: (352) 392-0190
email: [log in to unmask]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic
message
may be part of an educational record and is protected by the Family
Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. Any re-disclosure of this
information must
be done in accordance with FERPA or with the student's consent.  If you are
not the
intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail or any of its components is strictly
prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me.