HOPE LODGE DINNER

Anje Deocampo <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:59:11 -0800

text/plain

Alright guys,

WE are only 5 more days from our first Hope Lodge dinner, and for those who are coming out to help, I hope you all are just as excited as I am.  I have received some complaints from you that you were unable to download, let alone view the attachments.  I'm going to try to send out both attachments with this email, but if you can't view nor download them, then you don't need to worry about them.  Both attachments just goes over the guidelines about how to serve dinner, but all of that is taken care of.  All that we are required to do is to cook dinner, serve and mingle with the guests, clean up, and chuck everything in the dishwasher.

By the way, Hope Lodge has limited refrigerator space, so we are asked to bring storage containers and bring home any leftover food.  In fact, we are, in a way, required to bring home any leftovers.  So for those of you who would like to go home with some extra spaghetti, bring some storage containers......please!

Thursday's menu will consist of:
--Spaghetti
--Meat Sauce
--Ice-cream sandwiches for dessert
They will provide their own drinks.  They will also have laid out silverware and dinnerware.

Pretty much, all that I have to do is show you where everything is located in the kitchen.  Although the kitchen is fairly large, you shouldn't have any trouble finding pots, pans, etc.  All the drawers and cupboards are labeled and everything you will need is pretty much evenly distrubuted throughout the kitchen.

Here are the directions to get to the Hope Lodge:

If you are coming from campus:

1)  Get onto SW 13th Street and proceed south.  It's like you're coming from University Avenue and going towards Norman Hall.
2)  Keep going straight on SW 13th Street and you will soon pass under a bridge.  Once you hit the Steak and Shake, you will make a right turn at the light.  This should be SW16th Avenue.
3)  You will hit the first traffic light and then make a left turn.  This should SW 16th Street.
4)  Go all the way down until you reach the end of the road and you will see a sign pointing to the Hope Lodge (which will be pointing to the left).  Turn left and park all the way in the back.  Hit the main entrance (covered by a canopy) to the Hope Lodge building.  Tell the front desk you are with HOSA and he/she should direct you to the back of the kitchen.  Look for me or any one of the officers.

If you are coming from 34th street or I-75:

1)  Going east on Archer Road (going away from I-75) you will pass SW 34th Street.  Go up 2 more traffic lights.  You will pass University Commons once you hit the first light.  At the 2nd light, there should be a fire station to your left and a road that veers off to the right.  Take this road.  You will be on SW 16th Avenue.

2)  At the 3rd light, you will make a right turn.  This is SW 16th Street.

3)  Go to step 4 in the directions listed above.

If any of you gets lost, call me on my cell phone:  (352) 262-5363.  You are highly encouraged to car pool, so if you have a car, please take some people with you.

Note:  For those who would like to carpool with me, please be advised that I will be leaving my house at 3:30 to go buy the supplies.  I am directly going to the Hope Lodge from the store to start boiling the water browning the beef, etc.  If you cannot make it to help me setup, then you will need to carpool with someone else.

I'm sorry for this long email, but I hope I have covered all the points necessary to have this first dinner.
Oh yeah, dinner will be served promptly at 6:00 PM, give or take 10 minutes.  Dinner should run about an hour to an hour and a half.  Please show up on time!  And if you're not in a rush to go home, I would like some people to stay afterwards to help clean up.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,
Anje Deocampo
HOSA at UF Secretary