SOCNET May 2004

Re: Counter Grumbles

"John T. Maloney" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 May 2004 04:29:23 -0700

text/plain

Glen, et al --

Thanks for your remarks.

Since there seems to be substantial confusion and perhaps interests in what
is really going on here, allow me to illuminate.

Here is the boilerplate from the Website.

"The KM Cluster is a federated community action/research network. It is ad
hoc, spontaneous, fluid, organic, rhythmic and proximate conversation. The
KM Cluster is 110% led by participants. Colonizing themes in a day-long
conversation is our only modality. The KM Cluster is not a conference. It is
not a seminar, training or trade event. It is not a professional
organization, institution, framework vendor, association or consultancy.
There are no boards, committees, advisors or certifications. We do not
compete and are vendor agnostic. Regional sponsors vary from quarter to
quarter. Above all, the KM Cluster has the highest standards for themes,
venues, speakers, participants and leadership. The modest event tuition
provides sustainability, independence and continuity."

This may be a new social innovation for some of you. There is a ferocious
appetite for this type of interaction. I'll leave it to the SOCNET experts
to derive their own theory, analysis and conclusions of these phenomena.

The current KM Cluster ecosystem:

BOS: http://www.kmcluster.com/bos/
CDG: http://www.kmcluster.com/cdg/
CLE: http://www.kmcluster.com/cle/
DEN: http://www.kmcluster.com/den/
LAX: http://www.kmcluster.com/lax/
NYC: http://www.kmcluster.com/nyc/
MEX: http://www.kmcluster.com/mex/
SFO: http://www.kmcluster.com/sfo/
YYZ: http://www.kmcluster.com/yyz/

The intellectual, conceptual and academic foundation is "Presencing"
originating from Senge (MIT-Sloan), Scharmer (MIT), et al., and very
recently published: http://www.presence.net/

We've been operational since '96. The SN/SNA community conversation in NYC
on March 26, 2004, was conceived, led, structured and sponsored by
participants. It included Valdis, Rob Cross and others. The May 21
conversations, conceived by participants, are jointly led by ISNAE.

I am disappointed by those of you inclined to make provocative, overbearing
and hurtful remarks. You may wish to examine the origin of your behavior.
The occasional, temporal intersection of action/research communities should
not be this painful!

Most cordially,

John

John Maloney