***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/ *****
some weeks ago I asked for help on the issue of inter-organizational knowledge exchange, from a network perspective. I got several good suggestions from many of you. Thank you all!! Here is the summary of all the references and the suggestions I received, for those who are interested in the issue.
- Kathleen M. Carley, 1999, "Learning Within and Among Organizations." Ch. 1 in Philip
Anderson, Joel Baum and Anne Miner (Eds.) Advances in Strategic Management:
Population-Level Learning and Industry Change, Vol. 16. Elsevier Science Ltd. Pp. 33-56.
- Kathleen M. Carley, 1996, CONSTRAINT BASED ADAPTATION. Working Paper, contact the author for the pdf or look at: Kathleen M. Carley, 1997. " Organizations & Constraint-Based Adaptation, <abstracts/constraintadapt_abstract.html>" in Chaos, Complexity & Sociology: Myths, Models and Theories, ed. Raymond A. Eve, Sara Horsfall & Mary E. Lee, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, pp. 229-242
Kathleen M. Carley, 2002, "Smart Agents and Organizations of the Future"
The Handbook of New Media. Edited by Leah Lievrouw & Sonia Livingstone,
Ch. 12 pp. 206-220, Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage.
- Sean Safford, Searching for Silicon Valley in the Rust Belt: The Evolution of Knowledge Networks in Akron and Rochester http://web.mit.edu/ssafford/www/SearchingforSilicon.pdf
- John E. Prescott "Strategic Alliances as Social Capital" (with Balaji Koka). Strategic Management Journal, 23, 2002
- Volker G. Täube (2003) Measuring the Social Capital of Brokerage Roles. CONNECTIONS 25(3): 51-74
- Smedlund, A. and Pöyhönen, A. (2004). "Intellectual capital creation in
regions : A knowledge system approach".in A. Bounfour and L. Edvinsson
(Ed.). Intellectual capital for communities: Nations, regions, cities, and
other communities. (forthcoming), Butterworth- Heinemann.
- Slides on "Hard measures and soft issues: a potential model for incorporating metrics
into cluster based analysis". By Tara Procyshyn and Cami Ryan http://www.utoronto.ca/isrn/documents/Procyshyn_2003.pdf
- Taylor, M., & Doerfel, M. L. (2003) "Building inter organizational relationships that build nations" in the April issue of HUMAN COMMUNICATION RESEARCH.
- Doerfel, M.L. & Taylor, M. (forthcoming) in the journal COMMUNICATION MONOGRAPHS which considers 2 point in time of the Croatian NGOs-media-Funding organizations network.
- the Structure of Knowledge and Seller-Buyer Networks in Markets for Emergent
Technologies" by Asaf Darr, Ilan Talmud Organization Studies 2003 24(3): 435-453.
- PRABIR G. DASTIDAR (2004) Ocean Science & Technology research across the countries:
A global scenario. Scientometrics, Vol. 59, No. 1: 15-27
- Aino Pöyhönen and Anssi Smedlund "Assessing Intellectual Capital Creation in Regional Clusters"
Working Paper (ask the authors for the pdf)
- M. Grossetti et Marie-Pierre Bès, 2001, « Interacting individuals and
organsizations : a case study on cooperations between firms and
research laboratories », in Alan Kirman et Jean-Benoît Zimmermann,
Economics with heterogeneous interacting agents, Springer, pp.287-302
- Michel Grossetti and Marie-Pierre Bès, 2000, "Cooperations between
academic research and firms : a case study in France", communication
pour la Conference 4S/EASST, 27-30 Septembre, Vienna (attached file)
- Michel Grossetti et Marie-Pierre Bès, 2002, « Proximité spatiale et
relations science-industrie : savoirs tacites ou encastrement (Polanyi
ou Polanyi) », Revue d'Economie Régionale et Urbaine,
n°5 - II -, pp.777-788, repris dans Problèmes
économiques, n°2.828, 23 Octobre 2003, pp.28-32.
- Michel Grossetti et Marie-Pierre Bès, 2001, « Encastrements et
découplages dans les relations science - industrie », Revue
Française de Sociologie, Vol. 42, n°2, pp.327-355.
-M. Grossetti, Science, industrie et territoire,
Presses Universitaires du Mirail, Coll. "Socio-logiques", 1995
Links with resources or references:
look at work on knowledge management by cross and borgatti
look at book by Argote on organizational learning
look at work on diffusion - in particular david strang on diffusion
among hospitals and that by Doug Wholey
look at work by Janet Fulk (recent work)
look at google
Roberto Dandi wrote:
>I'm interested in studying knowledge exchange between firms, and between firms and institutions >(universities, national and local Government etc.) through a social network perspective.
>In particular, I want to apply SNA in studying knowledge exchange within firms' clusters and >industrial districts in the Telecommunication, ICT and Aerospace industries of my regional >area.
>Are there interesting papers/books that cross SNA and inter-organizational knowledge exchange? >can you suggest me some available questionnaires?
Ph. D. in Organisational Behaviour
at Università degli Studi del Molise (CB, Italy)
c/o Scuola di Management
LUISS Guido Carli
Via Tommasini 1
00162 Roma, Italy
tel. +39.06.86506555, fax +39.06.86506513
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan VirusWall.
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.sfu.ca/~insna/). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.