]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  August 2004

SOCNET August 2004

Re: Structural Linguistics and Network Analysis- Response Summary

David Carpe <[log in to unmask]>

David Carpe <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:42:29 -0400

text/plain

what's very cool on that crawdad site is the presidential dashboard, which
seems to mix in some analysis of communication and news hubs and
information density with a bit of visualization....worth a quick look at
the same site:http://www.crawdadtech.com/campaign/

At 04:14 PM 8/3/2004, Rajiv Nag wrote:

>Hello Socnetters,
>
>Here are the summary responses for my request on info regarding structural
>linguistics and network analysis that I posted about three weeks back.
>Thanks to all the contributors. A special thanks to Joe Labianca at Emory.
>
>Dr. Steve Corman and Dr. Kevin Dooley have developed a software application
>"Crawdad" that is based on Centering Resonance Analysis. I have found that
>tool to be very useful. http://www.crawdadtech.com/
>

>From: Christina Prell <[log in to unmask]>
>
>The work of Law and Callon, especially their early work (from the mid
>80s) might be useful. They attempt to apply semiotics to the study of
>technology and science, in particular articles, and they use an approach
>similar to social ntwork analysis.
>

>From: "Jana Diesner" <[log in to unmask]>
>Carley, K.M., Diesner, J., Reminga, J., Tsvetovat, M. (2004). An Integrated
>Approach to the Collection and Analysis of Network Data. In Proc of the
>North American Association for Computational Social and Organizational
>Science (NAACSOS) 2004 Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. Diesner, J., & Carley,
>K.M. (2004). Using Network Text Analysis to Detect the Organizational
>Structure of Covert Networks. In Proc of the North American Association for
>Computational Social and Organizational Science (NAACSOS) 2004 Conference,
>Pittsburgh, PA. URL:
>http://casos.isri.cmu.edu/publications/papers/NAACSOS_Carley_Diesner_Reminga_Tsvetovat_06_2004.pdf
>
>Diesner, J., & Carley, K.M. (2004). Using Network Text Analysis to Detect
>the Organizational Structure of Covert Networks. In Proc of the North
>American Association for Computational Social and Organizational Science
>(NAACSOS) 2004 Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. URL:
>http://casos.isri.cmu.edu/publications/papers/NAACSOS_2004_Diesner_Carley_Detect_Covert_Networks.pdf
>
>Diesner, J., & Carley, K.M. (2004 - in print). Revealing Social Structure
>from Texts: Meta-Matrix Text Analysis as a novel method for Network Text
>Analysis. In V.K Naraynan, & D.J. Armstrong (Eds.), Causal Mapping for
>Information Systems and Technology Research: Approaches, Advances, and
>Illustrations. Harrisburg, PA: Idea Group Publishing, pp.
>
>Kathleen M. Carley, 1997, "Network Text Analysis: The Network Position of
>Concepts." Chapter 4 in C. Roberts (Ed.), Text Analysis for the Social
>Sciences: Methods for Drawing Statistical Inferences from Texts and
>Transcripts. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. pp. 79-100.
>
>Kathleen M. Carley, 1997, "Extracting Team Mental Models Through Textual
>Analysis."
>Journal of Organizational Behavior, 18: 533-538.
>Kathleen Carley, 1994. "Extracting Culture through Textual Analysis."
>Poetics, 22:291-312.
>
>David Kaufer & Kathleen Carley, 1993, "Condensation Symbols: Their Variety
>and Rhetorical Function in Political Discourse." Philosophy and Rhetoric ,
>26(3): 201-226

> [...]

David Carpe, Principal & Founder
Clew, LLC
E: [log in to unmask]
W: 781.674.2539
<http://www.clew.us/>www.clew.us
***Internet Email Confidentiality Footer***
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
given nor endorsed by it.