Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Recommendation: Canadian Retention Requirements
From: Fern Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:14:19 -0700

Dave
You have to subscribe to Carswell's Law and Practice (hardcopy) or FileLaw on CD-ROM for the electronic version, the subscription provides updates for as long as it is active. Its the best around. For financial, the legal research could be done yourself, basically the tax acts, federal and provincial, the corporation or companies act(s) depending on how you are incorporated and the Excise tax if you have offices in more than one province. If you want to know more please contact me off-list.

Fern Phillips, CRM

National Energy Board/Office national de l'énergie
Fern Phillips
Records Coordinator/Archiviste
Information Resources and Distribution/Diffusion et ressources de l'information
444 Seventh Ave SW/444, Septième Ave S.-O.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0X8
Phone/Téléphone: (403) 292-6388

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/13/05 1:31 PM >>>
Good afternoon:

I'm looking for a recommendation for a book/guide for setting records
retention schedules, particularly in terms of Canadian legal/financial
requirements.  I've used "Records retention: Law and practice" by Ronald
Anson-Cartwright in the past, so I'm looking for something like that.
Can anyone recommend something along those lines that is more up to
date?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Hook, P.Eng, MISt
Manager, Operations Information and Configuration Management