Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: How long to keep calendars/dayrunners?
From: Lawrence Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:22:54 -0800

Stephanie Hill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Is there a recommended retention period for how long paper calendars
should be kept? (This would probably be applicable to electronic
calendars as well). The only thing I could find was related to government
records for the EPA which states senior officials - permanent retention
(eventually archived), everybody else - one to two years.

This is what we follow...  Permanent for Senior Management, 2 years for all others.

Recently, this became an issue for the electronic calendars, as our IT group made an "executive decision" to delete all on-line calendar data after 18 months, however, they were unaware there wa sa standing retention schedule for 24 months.  Now, they are keeping 6 months off line, and 18 months on line.  And Admins for executives print calendars monthly to comply with the "Permanent" requirement.

Larry