PSYART January 2005, Week 3

[Fwd: Re: Edward P. Jones]

Norman Holland <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:58:24 -0500

text/plain

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Edward P. Jones
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:02:50 -0600
From: Sara van den Berg <[log in to unmask]>
To: Institute for Psychological Study of the Arts <

(207 lines) ------------------
A group of faculty members here recently read and discussed the book, and
found it very impressive.  The MLA Bibliography has two entries on Jones,
who was named a MacArthur Fellow a few years ago. His earlier book,
Lost in
the City, is a collection of short stories that is widely admired.

See "Imperiled Communities in Edward P. Jones's Lost in the City,"
Year in
English Studies (YES) 31 (2001), 10-25.

See also an interview with Jones published in African American Review 34,
no. 1 (Spring 2000): 95-103.  AAR is one of the two leading journals
in its
field.

Sara van den Berg
Saint Louis University