Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GSAMENSISSUES-L Home

GSAMENSISSUES-L  March 2005

GSAMENSISSUES-L March 2005

Re: gsa symposium

Tanya Koropeckyj-Cox <[log in to unmask]>

GSA Mens' Issues SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:38:56 -0500

text/plain

Hi Richard --

I had received a number of responses as well, so I now have more papers
than I can include in a single symposium.  Right now I have a line-up that
includes Sara Arber, Toni Calasanti, Kate Slevin, and Brian DeVries.  I
have 2 possibilities for a 5th paper -- my own on gender and lifelong
singlehood, or a suggested paper on gay men and prostate cancer (though 4
may be better for the time available...)  The title will be something like
Gender and Diversity: Marital Status and Sexual Orientation.

In the meantime, I wanted to trade names/papers with you regarding the
extra suggestions we have each received to see if we have enough to pull
together another...
Adam Shapiro, University of North Florida -- paper on men's marital
histories, social class, and family connectedness, using NSFH 1, 2, & 3
Thomas Blank -- gay men and prostate cancer (could be included above...)

Do you have others that could be included?
So many good ideas!

Tanya