Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Qualifying for the certification exam
From: Amy Conant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:07:06 -0700

I have been totally amazed by the response both in list and out.  So much so that I am going to pose another question somewhat related.  My management team has asked me what a Records Manager is.  I've looked up job descriptions, but so far all of them have been specific to a particular position.  In looking at all of them I have come up with the following.  Any additions would be welcome.

Records Manager

Develop and design a records system and practice
Develop and monitor retention schedules
Train staff in records management for their organization
Be a liaison with divisions in the organization on records management
Adherence to professional codes of ethics.

List archives at