***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
The JUNG Development Team is proud to announce the release of JUNG
1.6.0. JUNG is the open-source (BSD) Java Universal Network/Graph
toolkit -- JUNG makes it very simple to represent, visualize, and do
calculations on social networks with just a little bit of Java code.
The newest version of JUNG is the result of intensive work on the
visualization system. The defaults are useful, and with a little bit of
code, it can be beautiful.
JUNG now features:
* Smooth mouse-driven zooming, panning, scrolling, and pop-up menus
* More flexible visualization of vertices and edges:
- arbitrary shapes for vertices and edges (e.g. any desired curve
- more options for filling vertex and edge shapes (e.g. gradient
* A cleaner and more powerful architecture for vertex and edge picking
* Background and foreground images
We invite you to try out JUNG and let us know how it works for you.
The JUNG home page: http://jung.sourceforge.net
Or check out the updated renderer demo at
to see some of JUNG's new visualization capabilities.
Joshua O'Madadhain and Danyel Fisher, for the JUNG Development Team
firstname.lastname@example.org...Obscurium Per Obscurius...www.ics.uci.edu/~jmadden
Joshua O'Madadhain: Information Scientist, Musician, and
It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for--Bill
My opinions are too rational and insightful to be those of any
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.