Skip repetitive navigational links
Next (less recent) in topic | Previous (more recent) in topic
Next (less recent) by same author | Previous (more recent) by same author

Re: CD-Rom useage in a computer lab

Marjorie McKillop <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:54:51 -0400

text/plain

Generally the IT Dept will set-up one computer to run these CD-ROMs on.

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/01/05 2:54 PM >>>
More and more publishers of text books are including CD-Roms as an =
supplement to their curriculum.  I manage a computer lab in which more =
students are wanting to run these CD-Roms, but our computers, running =
Microsoft XP, have been setup not to allow programs from CD-Roms to run.
=20
How do your institutions handle the use of CD-Roms from text books?  Are =
there specific set of computers setup to handle this?  If so, are they =
also set up to print, since teachers need proof that students have done =
that work and/or exercises? =20
=20
We are having difficulty getting a clear solution.  Thanks for your help =
in advance.
=20