Skip repetitive navigational links

ESL COMPASS

Laura Symons <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:02:35 -0400

text/plain

Hello Folks,

I have an urgent question about placement testing.  We are beginning an ESL program and need to be giving the COMPASS ESL placement to the appropriate students.  Every student (who hasn't taken SAT's) takes a placement test with us.  Up until now it was the same test for everyone.  Now we have to discern which of the students need ESL and which need the regular test. If there's anyone on the list who has a similar situation, could you tell me what you do?  I assume we are going to have to ask addition questions of each student who comes in for placement test.  Of course, the vice president wants a report of the new procedures by 9:00 am Monday :-)

If you want to reply off list, my email is [log in to unmask] Thanks for whatever advice you can give me.

Laura Symons

In body type: SIGNOFF LRNASST-L