]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  June 2005

SOCNET June 2005

Conference Announcement - Preliminary Call for Papers

Uwe Serdült <[log in to unmask]>

Uwe Serdült <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:51:42 +0200

text/plain

Applications of Social Network Analysis 2005

Supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation, the
VAUZ conference fund, the Center for Comparative and International Studies,
and the University of Zurich.

20/21 October 2005, University of Zurich

After last year's successful initial meeting we decided to organize the second
conference on Applications of Social Network Analysis in Switzerland and
broaden up the circle of participants by allowing presentations to be made in
English, French and German. As last year, we are interested in all kinds of
contributions originating from the advanced researcher to the master student.

Younger scholars (students, assistants), as well as part-time researchers and
lecturers from abroad presenting a paper can apply for a travel grant.

Contributions can have the format of:

    * research designs,
    * project presentations,
    * discussion papers,
    * research results.

We expect you to send in an abstract by 1 August and register by 1 September
at the latest. Please note that you will have to register in any case even if
you don't present a paper.

After having sent in your abstract we will inform you whether your
contribution has been accepted or not within a few days.The conference fee of
30 Euro will be charged after registration and we will let you know about
payment modalities by email.

Until 1 October 2005 you will have to deliver your paper. For every paper we
are looking for a discussant. This means that by presenting you also agree to
be a discussant for one other paper.  Moreover, in case you want to chair a
panel please let us know.

For your presentation you can count with 30 minutes maximum. The discussant
will have 5 minutes, leaving approximately 10 minutes for general discussion
with the audience. There will be overhead projectors, PCs and beamers
available in every panel room.

As soon as you registered we will keep you posted on updates on the conference
website by email. Conference website:
http://www.ipz.unizh.ch/personal/serduelt/conference03.html

Please send comments and questions to:
Uwe Serdült