Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Microfilm Aperture Cards
From: "Chiagouris, Connie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:14:31 -0500

Connie Chiagouris, CRM
25 E. Algonquin Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016
847-391-2253 fax
-----Original Message-----
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Jones, Virginia
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 11:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Microfilm Aperture Cards

I am curious how many organizations still use microfilm aperture cards.
If you do, please take a few moments and answer the following questions.
Reply to the list or directly to me, whichever you prefer.  I will
summarize for the list.

1. Does your organization use aperture cards?  Yes

2. If so, what size microfilm do you load/mount in/on the cards?  35 mm

3. Does your organization still produce aperture cards?  yes

4. If so, what camera/equipment do you use?   Kodak 35 mm planetary

5. Are you still able to procure cards for loading or mounting the
microfilm?  Yes

6. If so, what brand or supplier do you use?  Microseal Docufiller

7. Does your organization still have aperture card repositories (i.e.
records on aperture card microfilm?)  yes - both on site and in the salt

8. If so, are the cards accessed?  Yes - very often

9. What reader or reader-printer do you use?  Minolta 609  Microfilm
scanner by Canner 500

10. Are you aware there are national and international standards for
microfilm aperture cards?  yes

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager