The following is forwarded from the archivist listserv
RIVERSIDE COUNTY, CA
Archives and Records Management Program encourages nominations
and applications for the position of
salary per annum $57,507.22 - $78,968.24
nationwide recruiting project conducted by
Information People Are Our Business
w w w . l i b r a r y a s s o c i a t e s . c o m
Riverside County is one of the most vibrantly growing counties in the
United States with more than a million and a half residents. It is
rich in cultural diversity and home to museums, universities,
restaurants, and more. The County includes cities such as Palm
Springs, Indio, and its namesake Riverside, along with most of Joshua
Tree National Park. It stretches from Los Angeles County from the
west to the Colorado River and the Arizona border to the east. From
mountain hiking to water skiing, tamale festivals to county fairs, and
the ocean just a drive away, Riverside County offers the best of
living the good life in Southern California.
Riverside County is offering a challenging and rewarding career
opportunity for an exceptionally well-qualified and motivated
individual to fill the position of ARCHIVIST/RECORDS MANAGER.
This position faces a number of opportunities and challenges, most
notably regarding creating and implementing a new archival system,
record retention schedules, training staff on preservation methods,
and developing programs and systems, both electronic and print. The
Archivist/Records Manager is a leader who must build the archives and
have solid leadership capabilities. A strong commitment to
preservation and access to information along with team-building and
supervisory skills must be demonstrated and upheld. The
Archivist/Records Manager may, if needed, serve as the County expert
in legal matters relating to archives and records. The County seeks
candidates who are Certified Archivists with several years of
* Manage, plan, coordinate and direct an Archives and Records
* Preserve documents and film in Records and Archives program.
* Create and implement new system of record retention schedules.
* Develop finding aids, hard copy and electronic.
* Develop and implement file management systems, both hard copy and
* Create and maintain related websites and imaging systems.
* Have proficiency in Filemaker Pro, Inmagic DB/Textworks, Microsoft
Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, most especially).
* Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff.
* Train professional and paraprofessional staff in preservation methods.
* Develop and implement performance and productivity standards.
* Prepare, implement, and oversee annual program budgets.
* Write and administer grants.
* Give presentations before governing boards, key leaders, and executives.
* ARCHIVAL CERTIFICATION AND STRONG ARCHIVAL SKILLS ARE MANDATORY.
* Must have solid, demonstrated, and direct experience in the
preservation of document and film materials.
* Must have prior experience creating and putting into practice
records retention schedules, file management systems (paper and
electronic), and finding aids (paper and electronic).
* Strong personnel management and supervisory skills are mandatory,
including demonstrated ability in training, motivating, and leading
professional and paraprofessional staff.
* Must have ability to publicly speak and present in front of groups
* Must have keen understanding of archival issues, purposes, and
* Prior to hire, must successfully complete background investigation.
$57,507.22 - $78,968.24 salary per annum Excellent benefits package!
Referrals and nominations of other qualified candidates are encouraged
This position is open to both local and out-of-area candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Application & Referrals
If you are interested in this position or know someone who may be
interested in this position, please contact Library Associates.
[log in to unmask]
323 852 1093 facsimile
323 852 1083 telephone
800 987 6794 toll free
8383 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 355
Beverly Hills, California 90211
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance