Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Storage of Lab Notebooks
From: "Smith, Paige L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:35:38 -0500

Dear ListServ,

I am a brand new subscriber and I already have a question. I am the new
Archivist in a research facility and we have zillions of lab notebooks
(the hardbound kind) to store.  Previous archivists have both placed
them on bookshelves, and some have stored them in archival boxes. For
reasons I do not understand, they have never been stored with the
appropriate Study Records. Now I do understand that they may need to be
retained for up to 20 years or so, this means we need a storage method
with  preservation in mind (heat, light, etc). What have some of you
guys done in this situation? I apologize if this is an oft-discussed
topic; I did go to the Listserv archives first to see if Enlightenment
would be forthcoming.....

Paige Smith

Please see
ft\Signatures\>  for information about our capabilities.
Southern Research Institute is affiliated with the University of Alabama
at Birmingham.

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this communication and its attachments is
intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and
may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential, or
exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the
[log in to unmask]  and delete the communication without retaining any

List archives at