Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Voice Mail Audio Files on User PCs
From: Tom Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:42:03 -0500

I just discovered today that we now have an in-house application which
allows a user to opt to receive and manage voice mail on their computer
rather than their phone.  One of the features of the application allows the
user to download and save any voice mail message as an audio file.  Of
course my ears perked up because this can create a new breed of record.

Do any of you have similar applications in your company and if so have you
incorporated language about this into policies and schedules or do you
simply categorize appropriate messages as electronic records and list it as
another file format.  I assume there are programs which can transcribe with
some degree of usefulness the voice into words for the purpose of searching
so I can only imagine what opposing counsels could do with voice mails.

I've heard this was coming for years, but it showed up on my doorstep today!

List archives at