Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Destruction Certificates
From: Joseph Showl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:59:11 -0400

   I'd be interested in getting some opinions to some questions that I have concerning records that are sent to an independent disposal company that I use.

1. The Destruction Certificate isn't sent to me until my company pays for that particular invoice. Is this normal?

2. I have accompanied my records on occasion to witness the destruction, but with traveling time and the time to see it all has been done I usually kill the whole day. I have established a good rapport(I think) with the vendor and trust that all is taken care of and they are a member of NAID. Do you witness all destructions?

Any and all opinions/suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you

List archives at