Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: Re: another scientist discovers 6 degrees
From: Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:58:43 -0400

Joshua,
In my experience, all press releases about an academic's work are run by
the academic to check fo accuracy. I'm surprised that UCI doesn't have a
similar policy. I'm glad that the paper is better than the press release.
The press release didn't supply a link to the original article (a common
failing in press releases), and I confess that I am too pressed for time
now to have G-Scholared it myself.
 Barry