Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: SNA and Surveys Question
From: Amelia Louise Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:49:10 -0400

Hello all,

I hope this note finds you well. I am a graduate student in Health and
Risk Communication at Cornell who has become interested in social network
analysis over the past year. I am now hoping to apply SNA to perceptions
of breast cancer risk among school teachers in New York.

My advisor and I are looking for software that could manage a survey
administered via the Web for social network information.  We are hoping to
start our Web survey with teachers in the NY State area with the request
that they fill out the survey and send the link on to their friends, and
that these friends then send the link on again. We are looking for
software, then, that could track the initial recipientsí responses, to
whom the initial recipient sent the link, then to whom the second round
forwarded the survey and so forth so that we may analyze not only the
network but how it potentially influences perceptions of risk and
causation about breast cancer.

Do any of you know of software (one package or a combination) that can
manage a web survey such as this and aid in modeling and describing the
network?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Amelia Greiner