Help for SOCNET Archives

SOCNET Archives

Subject: New Journal
From: Charles Kadushin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:19:04 -0400

I am pleased to announce the inauguration of Structure and Dynamics,
an electronic journal for anthropology and related sciences.
Structure and Dynamics provides a new conduit for refereed
electronic communication.  While emphasis is placed on
cross-disciplinary research linking anthropology with science, broadly
conceived, contributions to all subfields of anthropology are invited.
The journal features easy electronic submission procedures,
editor-moderated interaction between contributors and reviewers and
active participation of readers in the debate and commentary on
published issues. This new journal is made possible by the University
of California eScholarship Repository Journals, with assistance from
Berkeley Electronic Press and sponsorship of the Institute for
Mathematical Behavioral Sciences at UC Irvine and its Anthropological
Sciences-oriented focused research group in Social Dynamics and
Evolution. The journal is offered free of charge at
http://repositories.cdlib.org/imbs/socdyn. The Editors are
Douglas R. White (Editor-in-Chief), Robert Manlove, Duran Bell, B. N.
Colby and Robert Garfias.

From personal experience I can testify that this on-line journal gave me reviewers and editing that was far better than any I have received from traditional journals over many years. Besides reading it (and the price is right) Do submit -- these folks will really work for you! Doug is of course one of "ours." Note that "Anthropology," if you have kept up with the field is not necessarily your father's version of nice stories from the field.

--

Charles Kadushin
Distinguished Scholar, Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies

212-865-4369

http://www.cmjs.org//