LISTSERV Archives

BEST-L Home

BEST-L  October 2005

BEST-L October 2005

Ichetucknee water lettuce

"Evans, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>

Bioenergy and Sustainable Technology Society <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:42:11 -0400

text/plain

As a follow up to Brian's announcement about the water lettuce pull at Ichetucknee this weekend, I'd like to solicit folks who might want to volunteer themselves and their pick up trucks for transporting the water lettuce from Ichetucknee Springs back to Gainesville. Getting the very nutrient rich biomass away from the river is very important for improving water quality and ecosystem management at Ichetucknee Springs, and any other usage we can get out of the water lettuce through composting and/or biogas is like icing on the cake.

If you think you might be able to participate, you can either send me an e-mail at this address or give me a call at 466-4549 or 328-1199 (cell).

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Evans
Ph.D. Candidate, Interdisciplinary Ecology
School of Natural Resources and the Environment
University of Florida