UF SSSUF E-Mail: Call for Abstracts

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 May 2006 15:41:19 -0400

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   May 24, 2006

To:     All UF Graduate Faculty and Graduate Students

From:   Telisha Martin
        Publicity Management Committee chair
        Conference of the Social Sciences
        UF Department of Sociology

RE:     CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

The Society of the Social Sciences at UF (SSSUF) along with the UF
Department of Sociology is now in the process of gearing up for the 2nd
Annual Conference of the Social Sciences.  This year the conference will be
held on Saturday, October 21, 2006 here at UF and will run concurrent
sessions wherein graduate students as well as motivated undergraduates will
be able to showcase social science research projects they have undertaken.
The conference is designed to give participants a great opportunity to
sharpen their presentation skills in the presence of their peers and
interested faculty and to build networking and collaborative relationships
among student scholars through the interdisciplinary presentation of
scholarly research.

The conference organizing committee is now accepting abstracts for
presentations on a wide variety of social issues such as gender, race, LGBT,
families, marriage, immigration, social psychology, class, poverty,
sociology of health, ethnicity, and political sociology.

Abstract submissions will be accepted until September 15th of this year,
however we encourage interested students to submit early so that we are able
to get an early assessment the amount of interest we will have this fall.
Abstracts can be downloaded from the organization's website at
http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/mvoorhis/SSSUF/.  Other parts of the website
are currently under construction so we encourage visitors to check back
often for updated information.

If there are any questions regarding the conference I can be contacted via
email at [log in to unmask] or phone at (352) 214-9279 for further
information.  Interested parties may also contact Ms. Namita Manohar at