]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GRADSTUDENT-L Home

GRADSTUDENT-L  2006

GRADSTUDENT-L 2006

Spring 2007 SPEAK Test Dates and EAP Course Offerings

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Gregory Orloff <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:01:43 -0500

text/plain

ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:  15 December 2006

To:    All UF Graduate Coordinators, Staff and Students

From:  Gordon Tapper
       UF Academic Spoken English Coordinator

Re:    Spring 2007 SPEAK Test Dates and EAP Course Offerings

All international graduate students whose first language is not English
(official first language of home country) and who may be appointed as
teaching assistants (with lecturing/lab responsibilities) need to have a
passing score (45 or higher) on either a TSE (Test of Spoken English --
administered by ETS) or a SPEAK test (administered on the UF campus.) In
addition, any international graduate teaching assistant whose first language
is not English who scores a 45 or 50 on a SPEAK or TSE test and who is
appointed to teach (with lecturing/lab responsibilities) must enroll, during
their first semester teaching, in a 3-credit EAP 5836 course. International
graduate students appointed as TA-G (grading and office hour
responsibilities only) are neither required to pass a SPEAK test nor
eligible to enroll in EAP 5836. SPEAK test dates for the Spring 2007 and
Summer 2007 semesters are as follows:

Date              Time        Location

Jan 04 2007*	12:00 noon	  Turlington 1317*
Feb 13 2007       6:00 p.m.     Turlington 1317
Mar 21 2007       4:00 p.m.     Turlington 1317
Apr 17 2007       6:00 p.m.     Turlington 1317
May 16 2007       6:00 p.m.     Turlington 1317
Jun 19 2007		6:00 p.m.	  Turlington 1317
Jul 18 2007		6:00 p.m.	  Turlington 1317

*Priority given to new students admitted in Spring 2007

Information about SPEAK test registration as well as our oral communications
in English courses can be accessed through our program website --
http://ase.ufl.edu or by telephone -- 392-3286. Please note that course time
information about our ASE courses is available in ISIS listed under
Linguistics.

Gordon Tapper
Coordinator
Academic Spoken English