A couple of interesting articles from the Wall Street Journal:
1. As Brazil Fills Up on Ethanol, It Weans Off Energy Imports:
2. Ford, GM Make Big Push To Promote 'Flex-Fuel' Vehicles:
And this here at UF:
From: K.S. Winans [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd Request
Hello Brian, please fwd the following message to BESTS listserv. Thank you,
Conversation: Departmental Vehicle Purchases
Subject: Departmental Vehicle Purchases
January 5, 2006
Ed Poppell, Vice President for Finance and Administration
Departmental Vehicle Purchases
In accordance with our ongoing efforts to move towards a sustainable campus
the following purchasing directive has been established regarding the
purchase of departmental vehicles.
1. It is the intent of the University to purchase only hybrid or alternative
2. Purchasing Services maintains a listing of available hybrid and
alternative fuel vehicles by vehicle type and class at
http://www.purchasing.ufl.edu/main_contracts-vehicles.asp#auto to assist
departments with choosing a vehicle for purchase.
3. Equivalent "gas only" vehicles may also be considered under the following
a. The cost differential or lead time for the recommended hybrid or
alternative fuel vehicle would negatively impact research and a "DSR
Exemption" has been approved.
b. No hybrid or alternative fuel vehicle exists within the vehicle type and
4. The purchase of used vehicles will also adhere to this directive.
/broadband/%20> DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less