BEST-L January 2006

FW: Green Corps Job Announcement

Brian Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:33:31 -0500

Some of you might find this interesting: Green Corps 2006-2007 Environmental
Leadership Program

  _____

Interested in a career in social change? Then go to www.greencorps.org and
apply today!

 <http://www.greencorps.org/> http://www.greencorps.org
<http://www.greencorps.org/> Now accepting applications:

Green Corps 2006-2007 Environmental Leadership Program

Each year, Green Corps offers 25 top graduating student leaders a full-time,
paid fellowship to get the practical training and experience needed to win
grassroots advocacy campaigns.

Whether it's with Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, MoveOn.org, or the Alaska
Coalition, behind the top environmental organizations' field campaigns,
you'll find a Green Corps organizer. Our one-year, full-time, paid
Environmental Leadership Training Program gives you the best instruction and
experience available to launch an organizing and advocacy career. Our
program includes intensive classroom training, hands-on field experience
running urgent environmental and public health campaigns, and career
placement in permanent leadership positions with leading environmental
groups.

The application process is easy! Just follow these 3 simple steps:

1.	Go to www.greencorps.org and apply today!
2.	Someone from Green Corps will follow up with you to set up a phone
interview.
3.	Contact Julie Handa at [log in to unmask] or (352)219-1561 with
any questions.

The UF application deadline is Friday, January 20th, so go to
www.greencorps.org now and apply! It's that easy!

******Full-time, paid fellowships to top student leaders to get the training
they need to win urgent environmental campaigns.******

Organization. Green Corps is the non-profit Field School for Environmental
Organizing, founded by leading environmentalists in 1992 to identify and
train environmental leaders. Our program includes intensive classroom
training, hands-on experience running urgent environmental and public health
campaigns, and placement in permanent leadership positions with leading
environmental and social change groups.

Training. Our intensive classroom training features workshops such as Global
Warming Strategy, Corporate Accountability Campaigns, Community Organizing
Against Toxic Threats and Effective Media: Messaging and Framing. Workshops
are lead by the nation's top environmental and social change leaders, such
as Adam Ruben, Political Director of MoveOn.org, Bob Bingaman, National
Field Director of Sierra Club, and Dolores Huerta, Co-Founder of United Farm
Workers. Our field training puts you on the front lines of today's most
urgent environmental campaigns.

Locations & Dates: We have positions open nationwide. The program begins in
August 2006, with the Introductory Classroom Training in Boston, and
concludes with graduation in August 2007.

Responsibilities. Plan and implement a series of critical environmental
campaigns with groups like Rainforest Action Network, Sierra Club and
Defenders of Wildlife. You will secure media coverage, recruit and manage
volunteers/interns, train new leaders, and mobilize grassroots pressure.

Career Development. Our graduates are in high demand and quickly find jobs
working on issues they care about. Upon completion of the training program,
Green Corps will connect you to organizations that are seeking full-time
professional staff. Green Corps' graduates hold leadership positions with
MoveOn.org, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Global Exchange, Rainforest Action
Network, Natural Resources Defense Council, Friends of the Earth, Forest
Ethics, and many other environmental and progressive groups.

Qualifications. We will invite 25 recent college graduates to join Green
Corps in 2006-2007. We are looking for people who are serious about saving
the planet, have demonstrated leadership experience, and want to work for
change over the long haul.

Salary & Benefits. Salary of $23,750. Optional group health care coverage,
paid sick days and holidays, two weeks paid vacation, and a student loan
repayment program for qualifying staff.

To Apply. To apply for Green Corps' 2006-2007 Environmental Leadership
Training Program, fill out our online application by our UF application
deadline of January 20, 2006. Apply online at www.greencorps.org.

Contact. Julie Handa at [log in to unmask], or 352-219-1561.