Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  January 2006

SOCNET January 2006

Re: SNA is not a method

"Dr. Timothy R. Huerta" <[log in to unmask]>

Dr. Timothy R. Huerta

Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:06:26 -0800

text/plain

Prosperous new years everyone!

I've always thought of SNA more akin to statistics. Many would argue that
statistics suffers from many of these same problems. It involves a set of
tools used by many disciplines and as a result, doesn't really have a
disciplinary home. Yes, I can hear this same conversation happening in that
context.

Is statistics, method? Yes. But is that all it is? No.

Tim