]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

GARC-L Home

GARC-L  February 2006

GARC-L February 2006

Talk to Antarctica on ham radio at W4DFU

Jeff Capehart <[log in to unmask]>

Jeff Capehart <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:49:19 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Have you heard about the amateur radio expedition to Antarctica?

Right now you have a rare opportunity to talk to a group of hams who
packed up their ham gear, traveled to Peter I Island, and set up a huge
array of antennas for the purpose to making contacts all over the
world.

If you would like to make a contact on the radio, please read Cory's
message below with details.  The facilities at W4DFU will be available and
assistance can be provided if you would like.  You don't need to be a
General or Extra class because a control operator will be at the station
to help you tune the radio and make the call.

Time is running out -- these guys might be leaving in a week, so if you
want to add a rare contact, or just enjoy that feeling of having talked to
Antarctica, now is your chance!!!

Jeff
W4UFL