LISTSERV Archives

GSAMENSISSUES-L Home

GSAMENSISSUES-L  February 2006

GSAMENSISSUES-L February 2006

GSA November 2006

Kate Davidson <[log in to unmask]>

GSA Mens' Issues SIG <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:12:11 -0000

text/plain

Dear All

It's that time of year again!

I would like us to put a couple of sessions together for Dallas - I
would be happy to organise one and would love to have (a) volunteer(s)
for another.

I think we could put something together on 'Morning, noon and night:
older men at work, rest and play'.  I have someone interested here in
the UK in doing something on older men and the sociology of sleep
(although on research contract and not sure where the next one is coming
from!), I could do something on older men and alcohol use, would someone
like to present on older working and/or caring men, and something on men
at leisure/sports and another on sexual health?  I would be most
interested in editing a book along these lines in my sabbatical 2007-8.

A second session could be open to discussion, perhaps health or
grandparenting, or sexuality, whatever.  The deadline for abstracts is
15 March, so it would be good if you could come back to me soon with
ideas/suggestions and we can go from there. We will need to find
discussants and suggestions would be welcome.

Kate

Dr Kate Davidson

Centre for Research on Ageing and Gender

Department of Sociology

University of Surrey

GUILDFORD

GU2 7XH

+44 1483 683964

President Elect of the British Society of Gerontology

www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/kate_davidson.htm

www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/crag

www.britishgerontology.org