Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Finding the PRANTY book
From: Barbara Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:57:31 -0600

Dear Birders,
You are absolutely a fantastic bunch!  Two hours after I sent in my post asking for help in finding the new Pranty book, I had 12 replies.   As of now I have 28!!
All the suggestions were excellent and quite helpful.   I also received a note from Bill Pranty  (and one other birder) informing me that the"Birds of Florida" I had ordered from Amazon will not be available until sometime after August 2006-maybe?   It seems that the "new "Pranty book everyone has been buying is the 2005 revision of the 1996 "Birders Guide to Florida".  And so many of you told me just how to get that one. I even had the offer of a loan (last year someone even offered to lend me her laptop!) and numerous good wishes.

I have tried to respond to all who wrote me, and I apologize if anyone has been overlooked. I am very grateful to this group for all their help and support.  In addition to the amazing Florida birding opportunities, Florida birders are the greatest.

Barbara Siegel
Chicago

P.S. This year I am taking along my newly purchased laptop.