Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Mallards and Sandhills
From: Suzanne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:05:50 -0800

There is a huge number of Sandhill Cranes congregating around the cow pastures of Webster, FL.  I counted three flocks of over a hundred yesterday.

  We have a male and female mallard visiting our pond for the last two days.  The male is in eclipse plumage.

  Can someone explain to me how to tell the difference between wild and domestic escape mallards?

  Sue Smith
  Mulberry, FL