Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Sarasota's Celery Fields
From: Mark Leggett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:30:45 -0800

Several individuals have recently posted successful birding ventures at Sarasota's Celery Fields.  The Sarasota Audubon Society gives free guided tours of the area on the second Saturday of every month, Oct-Apr.  The next walk is set for Feb. 11.  The walks begin at the gazebo at 8 am and usually last about 2 hours.  Some 180 species have been found there to date.
  Directions:  From I-75 take exit 210, Fruitville Road east.  Make a right at Coburn Road light and follow the road as it curves.  The Celery Fields will be on your left.  To get to the gazebo, proceed to Palmer Boulevard and make a left.  After about a 1/4 mile you will note the small parking area and gazebo on your left.
  Feel free to contact me for any additional info.

Mark Leggett
Sarasota, FL