Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: name of your center? organization? funding?

Alex Barthel <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:19:20 +1100

dear all,
and this is what we call ourselves in our neck of the woods, down under
in Australia:

Australia

Association for Academic Language and Learning (AALL) Incorporated

Mission and goals
Mission:
AALL is committed to promoting and providing academic language and
learning development through policies, practices and research that
build, enhance and extend teaching and learning opportunities for all
students and staff in tertiary education settings.
The goals of AALL are to:
•	facilitate communication and collaboration among AALL members and to
provide a forum for the discussion of policy, practice and research,
especially through channels such as unilearn and the association’s
state-based affiliates,
•	work towards institutional environments which provide the highest
quality of learning experiences for all students and for all staff,
•	support the development of core, disciplinary academic and
professional skills and attributes in all tertiary education students,
•	foster the recognition of the academic nature of the work of language
and learning development through individual and collaborative research
within and across tertiary institutions nationally and internationally,
•	promote quality, diversity, internationalisation and flexibility in
language and learning development,
•	use publications and conferences to inform the wider academic
community about the philosophies and practices of language and learning
development in tertiary education, and
•	act as a lobbying body on issues relevant to AALL  members.

00. Australian Universities
Academic Language & Learning centres/units &
websites
(March 2006)

(in alphabetic order by university)

01. Australian Catholic University
Academic Skills Unit
http://www.acu.edu.au/student_life/student_services/
Academic_Skills_Assistance.cfm

02. Australian National University
Academic Skills & Learning Centre
http://www.anu.edu.au/academicskills/

03. Central Queensland University
Communications Learning Centre
http://www.dtls.cqu.edu.au/clc/home.html

04. Charles Darwin University
Support & Equity Services
www.cdu.edu.au

05. Charles Sturt University
Learning Skills
www.csu.edu.au/division/studserv/learning

06. Curtin University of Technology
Student Learning Support Centre
http://www.learningsupport.curtin.edu.au

07. Deakin University
Academic Skills
http://www.deakin.edu.au/studentlife/academic_skills/

08. Edith Cowan University
Academic Skills
www.ecu.edu.au/student/student-learning/index.php

09. Flinders University
Student Learning Centre
http://www.flinders.edu.au/cas/LLU.html

10. Griffith University
Learning Services
www.griffith.edu.au/ins/learningservices

11. James Cook University
Learning Centre
http://www.jcu.edu.au/studyskills

12. La Trobe University
Language & Academic Skills (ESL) Unit
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/lasu/

13. Macquarie University
English for Academic Purposes
http://www.nceltr.mq.edu.au/eap/index.html

14. Monash University
Language & Learning Services Unit
http://www.celts.monash.edu.au/html/language_and_academic_skills_s.html

15. Murdoch University
Teaching & Learning Centre
http://www.tlc.murdoch.edu.au/slearn/

16. Queensland University of Technology
Teaching & Learning Support Services
www.talss.qut.edu/services/sal

17. RMIT
Learning Skills Unit
http://aps.eu.rmit.edu.au/lsu/

18. Southern Cross University
Learning Assistance Centre
http://www.scu.edu.au/services/la/

19. Swinburne University
English Language Centre
http://www.swin.edu.au/access

20. University of Adelaide
Language & Learning Service
http://www.adelaide.edu.au/ltdu/students/

21. University of Ballarat
International Student Learning Support
http://www.ballarat.edu.au/aasp/student/learning_support/

22. University of Canberra
Academic Skills Program
http://www.canberra.edu.au/studyskills/

23. University of Melbourne
Language & Learning Skills Unit
http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/llsu/

24. University of New England
Academic Skills Office
www.une.edu.au/tlc/aso

25. University of New South Wales
The Learning Centre
http://www.lc.unsw.edu.au/

26. University of Newcastle
Learning Support Program
http://www.Newcastle.edu.au/centre/elfsc/lsp/index.html

27. University of Queensland
Learning Assistance
http://www.sss.uq.edu.au/

28. University of South Australia
Learning Connection
http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/learningconnection/students.htm

29. University of Southern Queensland
Academic Learning Support
http://www.usq.edu.au/opacs/ltsu

30. University of Sydney
Learning Centre
http://www.usyd.edu.au/lc

31. University of Tasmania
Flexible Education Unit
http://www.utas.edu.au/tl

32. University of Technology, Sydney
ELSSA Centre
www.elssa.uts.edu.au

33. University of the Sunshine Coast
Academic Skills
www.usc.edu.au

34. University of Western Australia
Learning, Language & Research Skills Unit
www.studentservices.uwa.edu.au/learning

35. University of Western Sydney
Learning Skills Unit
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/lsu/

36. University of Wollongong
Learning Development
http://www.uow.edu.au/student/services/learning.html

37. Victoria University
Student Learning Unit
http://ceds.vu.edu.au/studentlearning/

list compiled by: [log in to unmask]

On 23/03/2006, at 12:33 PM, Frank Christ wrote:

> For anyone looking for information on learning support centers in
> higher education, please go to LSCHE (see URL in my signature). For
> links to over 325 learning center web sites and for names of centers,
> go to About Learning Support Centers. You also will find Definitions
> of Key Academic Support Terms, Names of Learning Support Centers
> arranged alphabetically, Center Mission Statements, Floor Plans, and
> some surveys of centers.  LSCHE is your database. There is nothing
> like it on the web.  Collegially.........
>
> [log in to unmask]                   For all of us to win in the
> knowledge economy,
> Frank L Christ                      we need to unleash the knowledge
> in our
> Emeritus, CSULB                document databases, use and reuse our
> past
> Visiting Scholar, U of AZ     knowledge, find ways to create new
> knowledge
>             and then share it across our enterprise........
>             ...Rick Thoman, Former Xerox Corp President & CEO
> LSCHE Web Portal:      http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/~lsche/
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Henderson"

Alex BARTHEL
Director, ELSSA Centre
Public Officer, Association for Academic Language & Learning (AALL)

University of Technology, Sydney
PO box 123, BROADWAY, 2007 NSW - Australia

phone: 	+61 2 9514 2325
fax: 		+61 2 9514 2321
mobile:	0408 269 799

homepage: www.elssa.uts.edu.au