Skip repetitive navigational links

Surveys in Developmental Study Skills

Shawn Bixler <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 May 2006 18:29:06 -0400

text/plain

Mary Jane,

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a common personality test used by
counselors that has a booklet that applies results to the college student
and learning preferences, career decisions, etc.  Although formally it must
be administered by a trained individual, there are some free sites that
offer similar informal tests.  Try www.humanmetrics.com.  The booklet can be
ordered from Consulting Psychologists Press.  I like it because reliability
and validity are established and there are many applications for the
results.  It may take time to get familiar with the material.

Mrs. Shawn Bixler
The University of Akron

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LRNASST-L automatic digest
system
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LRNASST-L Digest - 15 May 2006 to 16 May 2006 (#2006-126)

Topics of the day:

  1. Patricia Delamer is out of the office.
  2. Training for Faculty Tutors (5)
  3. Surveys in Developmental Study Skills (6)
  4. Academic Competiveness Grants July 1/How to: Define & enforce high
school
     rigor/related articles & comments to
  5. FYI (3)
  6. evaluation of tutor training
  7. Are we finally being recogb=nized by our academic colleagues?
  8. Call for Chapters for book on plagiarism

browser to