Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Viera Wetlands-8/25/06
From: "Thomas J. Dunkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:55:44 EDT

Hey Everybirdy,

  Did a run through the wetlands area and click ponds just  before and during
the afternoon rain.  Some of the noteable  sightings:
Wetlands area:
10+ American Coots
1 Spotted Sandpiper
2 Least Bitterns
3 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks (flying in from the  pasture)
10 Wood Ducks (9 in  northwest corner of cell 1, 1 in  southwest corner of
cell 3)
40+ Blue-winged Teal
1  Limpkin
4 Belted Kingfishers

  Observed 1 Black Tern skimming the south click pond and  a Red-shouldered
Hawk patroling the field north of the click  ponds.
  A few Sandhill Cranes in the sod fields west of the  ponds and 1 Killdeer.

P.S. For anyone interested, I recently updated the New Stuff  gallery on my
website with images from a recent vacation as well as always  loading recent
Refuge stuff.
_www.pbase.com/boidpikchas/new_stuff_
(http://www.pbase.com/boidpikchas/new_stuff)

See you out there!