Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Hummingbirds
From: Backes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:21:46 -0400

All,

It's already winter in Valrico (central Florida) with the arrival of the
banded female Rufous on August 11th. Here for her fourth "winter", she has
really boosted the hummer activity in my yard. It's not yet like it was last
winter but I am regularly seeing multiple hummers in the yard.

I've had a number of visitors to my yard in the past few years including
some Audubon field trips to see the hummingbirds (Ruby-throat, Rufous, and
Black-chinneds) as well as other rarities (siskins, Clay-colored Sparrow,
Western Tanager, etc.) and as in the past, the invitation goes out again.
I've decided this year to maintain a blog listing recent sitings in the yard
so if anyone's interested in stopping by, they can check to see if a bird of
interest is still being seen. The blog can be accessed at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/resu64md/yardhummers20062007/index.html

I've added some photos on the other linked pages. I used to be very aware of
photo size when I was working with a dial-up connection. I'm not anymore.
Please let me know if you have any problems with these pages.

Steve Backes
Valrico, FL

**** Please note the new e-mail address: