Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Jacksonville-Huguenot & Kingsley Plantation
From: Diane Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:29:16 -0400

 Hi all
   Met with Kevin Dailey today to work on shorebirds at Huguenot Park.   We spent a short time at Kingsley Plantation also.  Note of thanks for Anne and Leslie who worked with us on the shorebirds.
   Here is a partial list:

Huguenot
Black-bellied plover
Wilson's plover
Semi-palmated plover
American oystercatcher
Willet
Marbled godwit
Ruddy turnstone
Sanderling
Short-billed dowitcher (1)
Laughing gull
Herring gull
Great black-backed gull
Lesser black-backed gull (adult)
Caspian tern
Royal tern
Sandwich tern
Common tern
Forster's tern
Black skimmer
Barn swallows (many)
Belted kingfisher
Reddish egret (several)

No gull-billed terns for us this day.

Kingsley Plantation
White-eyed vireo
Red-eyed vireo
American redstart
Yellow-throated warbler
Northern parula
Chimney swift
Roseate spoonbills
Woodstorks
Bald eagle

We also checked out the neighborhoods with the monk parakeet nests and found several nests on transformers, plus multiple nests in the trees in the neighborhood.

Kevin had three 'green' painted buntings at the feeders at his house.

thanks
diane reed
st. augustine, florida