Help for FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

FLORIDABIRDS-L Archives

Subject: Short-billed Dowitcher-Parrish Park 8/22/06
From: "Thomas J. Dunkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:20:53 EDT

Hey Everybirdy,

  Still a handful of Pectoral Sandpipers hanging around  along the south edge
of Parrish Park in Titusville.  Along with several  juvenile Least and
Semipalmated Sandpipers, a few Semipalmated plovers and along  came a nice juvenile
Short-billed Dowitcher to make for a happy  afternoon.
  Would like to tell you what was on Blackpoint today, but  by the time I got
to Stop 2 I'd discovered my scope AND my bins were in my other  car!!! :-(
  Was able to discern a male Mallard hanging with some  Mottled Ducks.
Probably femal Mallards as well, but using my 400mm to  scope only works so well!
Did see several female Blue-winged Teal  fluttering about here and there as
well.

See you out there!

Thomas J. Dunkerton
Titusville,  Florida