]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

RECMGMT-L Home

RECMGMT-L  August 2006, Week 4

RECMGMT-L August 2006, Week 4

Re: documenting destruction of electronic records

Atle Skjekkeland <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:16:07 -0400

text/plain

I have not been involved in this list before but here is my NOK 0.02...

The ERM standard MoReq in Europe says that the system must be able to keep some of the metadata (but not copies) of destructed records in requirements 5.3.15 and 5.3.16. You can download Moreq from http://www.cornwell.co.uk/moreq.html

The UK National Archives spec TNA2002, which is very similar to MoReq, uses the term "stub" (see e.g. vol. 1 requirement B.3.32, vol. 2 "Annex: Metadata 'stub'". I think DOD5015.2 has a similar requirements but I have not had time to check this.

Kind regards,
Atle Skjekkeland,
Vice President, AIIM International
Global Education Services