Skip repetitive navigational links
Next (less recent) in topic | Previous (more recent) in topic
Next (less recent) by same author | Previous (more recent) by same author

avoiding plaigarism

Lisa Burns <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:43:41 -0400

text/plain

Dear Colleagues,

I am currently looking for ideas and activities to help introduce the
concept of citation and avoiding plagarism for our growing exchange program
with China. It has been brought to my attention that the idea of
intellectual property is a Western notion and that plagarism is not taboo in
China as it is in the States.

Does anyone have any suggestions or current practices/activites that they
have found helpful when working with ESL students? Your suggestions would
be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lisa Burns, x2393
Tutor Coordinator
155 Greenwood Library