Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Tutor Name Change

"Debbie Roderick, Tutoring Program Coordinator" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:20:33 -0800

text/plain

Mary,

Getting students into the "Tutoring Center", is a challenge and a name
change for a program can effectively  reduce the stigma.  However, as to the
term "tutor" --- in the past 20 years, I have not noticed that students are
resistant to "Tutors" or that there is any stigma attached to the word.
Actually, it is just the opposite, the words; "the tutor", "my tutor", "a
tutor" are said with much appreciation.

Debbie