Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Student Development Reader

Karin Winnard <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:41:57 -0400

text/plain

Stephen-

Check out Foundations for Learning (L.Hazard and JP Nadeau) Pearson-Prentice Hall Publisher.

126 pages of great and concise information.  A great read.

Compliments Skip's work (his is more student development based while this is more academic based).  I use material from both to teach my class.

Regards,

Karin

________________________________

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Wallace, Stephen
Sent: Mon 10/16/2006 4:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Student Development Reader

We offer a first year seminar for underprepared students who do not meet
the university's admission requirements but have successfully completed
a Summer Bridge Program.  The course focuses more on student development
than study skills and uses On Course by Skip Downing.  Can anyone
recommend a good companion reader that helps students develop critical
thinking skills while practicing their reading skills?

Stephen O. Wallace, Ph.D.

Coordinator Developmental Education and Advising Development

Shippensburg University

114 Horton Hall

(717) 477-1395