]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ATM-OBSERVERS-L Home

ATM-OBSERVERS-L  December 2006

ATM-OBSERVERS-L December 2006

Calling all Elves - Hope for the Holidays

Charles Broward <[log in to unmask]>

Charles Broward <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:31:09 -0500

multipart/alternative (91 lines)

Dear ATM'ers and OBSERVERS,

I normally try and avoid non-astro posts, but it is the holidays...

Please read the following message...and consider being a elf.  Just the
cost of a cheap eyepiece would make a big difference to this family.

(And I, by the way, have a couple of cheap eyepieces  ;-)   )

Seriously,

If you do want to contribute something please email Judy at:

"Judy Bousquet" <[log in to unmask]>

Clear Sky!

CSB

Subject:
[public] Calling all Elves - Hope for the Holidays

I am sorry to send another email out, but I have important information
on our family that the College has adopted for Hope for the Holidays.

The good news:
One, we have received a donation of a computer and printer - Thank you
Elves Judith and Jennifer!!!!
Two, we have received an offer from a husband of an employee to work on
the van - Thanks you Elf Brenda!!!
We collected $106 in cash last night at the College holiday party. A VIP
Elf matched that amount.  In addition elves at Physiological Sciences
have collected over $100,  making the total that we have in cash and
checks so far over $500.

The bad news:
Carol and her family are two months behind on their mortgage.  The
mortgage company has doubled the amount due.  They owe $1,166.  They
must have this to the mortgage by December 14 or the company will begin
foreclosure steps.  That is next Thursday.  I have talked to the
Volunteer Center and we agreed that I would bring in all the checks and
cash that we have on Tuesday and the Volunteer Center will write a check
to Washington Mutual Bank, which I will FedEx to the company.  It sure
would be nice to pay this off and January as well.  What a nice holiday
present to this family.

How about it, College of Veterinary Medicine?  If you took an ornament
for gift certificates or food certificates and haven't purchased it,
consider instead donating cash or writing a check to the Volunteer
Center with #52 in the notation.  (If you want a receipt for cash, we
have those available.  Elves Brenda and Melissa will take your donation.
   If you haven't taken an ornament, you just bring cash or checks by
Room V1-127.   One hundred percent of your donation will go to this family.

Chuck  Broward
WretchedSky Observatory
Melrose, Florida
www.floridastars.org