]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BEST-L Home

BEST-L  December 2006

BEST-L December 2006

Re: Question about Biofuels overall effects

Frank Leslie <[log in to unmask]>

Frank Leslie <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:41:03 -0500

text/plain

Removing nutrients from tertiary sewage treament water is done in two ways: the
water is provided or sold for lawn irrigation (signs required; flows in purple
pipes) or a large pond area is provided where water plants consume the
nutrients. An example is the pond north of Christmas, Florida where the Iron
Bridge Treatment Plant dumps the water prior to entering the Econ River. The
park is a favored birdwatching area. You can find that in area maps.

Frank