Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Re: Storage of tapes and other media - A Bit OT
From: Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Dec 2006 23:09:14 -0500

As I understand it, it is possible for a vault to be compliant with all of
the standards you quote, but sill be in a building that could burn for a

For instance Iron Mountain could have had a compliant vault in the middle
of their record center that burned in the UK.

Or am I mistaken?

The problem as I see it is that the quoted standards do not related to
access to records, just the protection of records.

This is where the RM and Business Continuity concerns diverge.

List archives at